- 18-Jul-2013 to 01-Aug-2013 (CST)
- Pasadena, TX, USA
- Full Time
Who we are:
Kuraray America is a global leader in specialty chemical, fiber and resin production. With top-of-the-line research and production facilities located in Houston, Texas, and a vast network of supply from around the world, Kuraray leads the industry in specialty dental, fiber, resin, and elastomer products. We are committed to developing products that ensure quality and value while helping our customers differentiate themselves from their competition.
Kuraray America is growing. Over the next two years we will add an additional 100 Kuraray team members to the Houston area. As a new team member you can expect to earn responsibility quickly. Our commitment to our people is visible in our comprehensive benefits package. As a Kuraray team member, you will have the opportunity to enjoy competitive salaries and benefits, incentive opportunities, and an excellent work environment.
• Conduct routine visual inspection of plant process areas and process equipment for proper operating status.
• Tour the assigned plant area to review equipment operation and record equipment process readings for area.
• Make adjustments to equipment status as instructed.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping in assigned areas.
• Review final product and process analytical results, DCS conditions/trends, and LIMS trends.
• Utilize SPC for correction problem areas affecting product consistency.
• Record performance of job tasks and status of process area.
• Understand and comply with regulatory, company, and departmental Safety and Environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Attend scheduled safety training, emergency response training and employee meetings.
• Participate in the training exercises.
• Know and utilize proper PPE for performing required jobs.
• Understand and utilize SOP's when performing routine job tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or Certificate in Process Technology
• 3 years of experience in the Petro-Chemical Industry preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proven ability to troubleshoot process problems (on-the-job training or college education)
• Equipment troubleshooting experience preferred
• Above average mechanical and mathematical skills
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions in process operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team
• Ability to work a rotating shift (including overtime) and the ability to physically perform the required operations
• Knowledge of the quality/control plan's standard operational practices, methods, and materials and equipment used in the chemical processing.
• Ability to routinely push, pull or lift at least 50 pounds while performing normal unit operations
• Ability to climb stairs and work at heights in excess of 100 feet.
• Ability to climb vertical ladders.
Kuraray America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!