- 07-May-2013 to 07-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Pasadena, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Production Engineer or Production Specialist will be responsible for supporting and improving the performance of key aspects of the finishing operations (from pellet production through drying, packaging and shipment) for the Kuraray America EVAL Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH) production plant. The position will also be responsible for and execute all aspects of contract compounding, rework and repackaging operations (manufacturing, process, systems, accounting, etc.) that occur outside the plant. The person in this position will work in close cooperation with the EVAL process and production engineers and day supervisor for the upstream part, and with the warehouse manager for the downstream part. This position reports directly to Production Manager.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
• Support the compliance of finishing operations with relevant HSE regulations & Safety Procedures and participate in Kuraray Structured Safety Program (SSP) for the Finishing operations.
• Identify potential causes for incidents, accidents or environmental issues in the Finishing Process.
• Incorporate HSE action- and attention-points in procedures and daily instructions for finishing operating personnel
• Check regularly the HSE aspects of the manipulation, storage, loading, unloading and transport of packaged product and packaging goods from behavioral and process safety vantage..
• Make sure all changes to the finishing equipment or conditions are managed according relevant Management of Change (MOC) procedures.
Daily Finishing Operation
• Resolve operational difficulties and provide technical problem solving capability to eliminate production of nonconforming materials
• Issue Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to provide clear and concise instructions for the safe operation of the new equipment and secure their understanding by the warehouse operators
• Ensure that the production instructions are followed and the Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to, to guarantee a consistent and standardized finishing process.
Optimize Finishing Operation
• Optimize operations to improve reliability, quality and to improve productivity in order to minimize variable & fixed cost. Fine tuning of all warehouse parameters to guarantee a consistent, reliable and high volume packaging output.
• Debottleneck production to increase run rates and achieve targeted production costs, minimize waste and lost product.
• Participate in setting up workflows to facilitate production at higher rates.
• Serve as subject matter expert for at-line training to reinforce good manufacturing practices.
• Streamline work processes to optimize utilization of operations resources.
• Generate project ideas and manage execution of these projects to optimize finishing process (quality improvement, cost reduction, SHE improvement) and work with project and maintenance engineers to support elimination of reoccurring equipment problems.
• Manage the rework process for non-conforming, aged (slow moving) and/or obsolete materials.
• Anticipate warehouse interruption by performing regular checks on equipment performance.
• Investigate and report every product-loss incident in detail.
• BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 4 years chemical or polymer manufacturing with twin screw compounding experience
• OR a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience in polymer compounding (single or twin screw), finishing and packaging
• Analytical thinking and demonstrated proficiency using statistical analyses/techniques
• Achievement motivation
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Oral & written communication skills
• Planning & organizing ability
Kuraray America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!