- 07-May-2013 to 21-May-2013 (CST)
- Business Services
- Houston - Clear Lake, TX, USA
- Full Time
Provide customer service to customers in the assigned Markets which include a variety of commodities, including chemicals,
Duties to include:
Order entry, processing, & fulfillment
- Receives orders by phone, fax and e-mail from customers & sales personnel.
- Includes the administration of SAP, Intranet, & EDI systems, the processing of domestic
& export orders, the maintenance of customer certificates, the completion
of sales orders for imported resins, the compilation of lot certificates &
the issuance of invoices & customer credit/debit memos as required.
- Completes sales order entry while contacting warehouses to determine & confirm ship
dates. Also completes Delivery Order
entry, and prints lot certificates and BOL for each shipment.
- Follow up the orders to assure prompt delivery of product.
- Complete final shipping entry for customer orders, and prepare invoice and distribute to
- Cross train in all Market Segments & routine Customer Service functions as assigned by
- Maintain Customer-Specific Information & Files – Includes the updating of SAP
Customer Profiles, SPA lists, interoffice spreadsheets, the maintenance of the
BU Customer correspondence files & the maintenance of detailed customer
& market data in the BU contact database to include customer instructions,
shipping methods, pricing and special handling requests.
- Responsible for updating the sales representative of any ongoing issues, questions, etc.
that may arise from customer based on phone and/or onsite contacts.
- Work with affiliates in Japan and Europe.
FREIGHT CONROL, WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Includes the verification of freight & warehousing invoices for payment. Periodic
negotiation of freight rates, and arrangement of carriers, LTL and TL; OTR,
Ocean and Air, the reconciling of consigned inventory & assist with the
maintenance of inventory at outside warehouses.
- Monitor warehouse daily shipment function, and request & verify all orders have
shipped, and are correct.
- Complete monthly inventory reconciliations as requested by supervisor.
IMPORT /EXPORT MANAGEMENT
- Work with import/export broker.
- Prepare Canadian customer paperwork, and/or NAFTA certificate, and other export
documentation as needed.
OTHER OFFICE DUTIES
- Express Mail
- Filing – Invoices and Lot Certifications
- Additional duties as requested and deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Responsible for end of month closing duties and compliance with set standards.
- Excellent communication skills for dealing effectively with customers.
- Experience of inventory control and order entry with computerized system.
- High level of initiative, detail and creativity.
- Advanced skills for word processor and Microsoft office.
- Ability to prioritize all facets of work based on customer, warehouse * inventory requirements.
- General knowledge of products, company and customers.
- Strong human resources skills & ability to relate to the needs of others.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!